Thursday, August 19, 2010
Hyped For High School
What better way to starting your teenager hyped for high school than by these essential things.
You may also want to check out Top 10 Skills for High School Students over at FamilyEducation.com for developing good habits while in high school in order to achieve success.
1. Backpacks and Messenger Bags. You may find yourself purchasing a new backpack or messenger bag every year or so. This essential item is the bread to the butter of attending high school. It goes through a lot of wear and tear from daily use. Not to mention getting washed, dragged, and thrown around. The type of back pack or bag your high school student chooses to wear tells outsiders about their personalty. Don't be afraid or resistant to spend a few dollars on this item for your teenager. You want it to be sturdy, dependable, and last.
2. A good Wrist Watch. If you expect your teenager to be on time, then you must provide them with the proper tools in which to achieve it. That, and no excuse why they lost track of time and became late. (It's like the time the dog at their homework.)
3. Scientific Calculator. Let's face it, at this age they're bound to be dragged down with some sort of math class like calculus or geometry. Even the best of scientist use calculators at this stage, and so does your brain evolving teenager.
4. Beanie Cap. I know. I know, but they seem to be all the rage in this age group. I'll let this up to you and your teenager to decide. Along with jeans, t-shirts, and those expensive name brand shoes they'll just die without.
5. Locker Organizer. Lockers weren't designed to meet your students organizational needs. They usual have one shelf on top, if your lucky. A locker organizer helps keeps books in a specific area, where grabbed most, and shoes and bags at the bottom of the locker. Coasts are stuffed in where they fit. Imagine your teenager rummaging through it all between every class to find what they need for the next class? It's not a pretty sight.
Now grab some pens, pencils, and notepads and they're well on they're way to high school. Good times, great memories, right?
What other things do you do to prepare you high schooler each year for school?