Ahh... Summer, the time when we most often pack our suitcases and head off to destinations like the beach, Disney World, family reunions, and Grandma's house.
Whether you are packing for yourself or someone else, here are a few general tips to help you reduce stress, ensure you have what you need, and have a fun trip.
1. Make a list for each person you're packing for, yourself, your children, your spouse, or everyone.
2. Pull out the suitcases a few days early.
3. Aim to pack three to four days in advance.
4. If you are packing for more than one person for the trip, tackle packing one person at a time to ensure you don't over look any necessary items or mix up items in other suitcases.
5. Choose one day to do various task before you leave on your trip. Don't try to do everything in one day, or you will most likely end up frustrated, tired, and come up short with other people.
6. The day before the trip, check your suitcases against your list one final time and double check our travel arrangements.
7. Create a household schedule, such as taking out the trash, plan meals, and pet duty for anyone who might be staying home or pet and house sitters.
8. Let your house sitter, pet sitter, a neighbor or family member know where you are going, when you'll be gone, and how to reach you in an emergency.
9. Grab a few snacks and at least one bottle of water for the trip for each person going. It's amazing how fast one gets while traveling.
10. Relax and enjoy your trip.